What is Storytelling
With annotations: https://diigo.com/03uez2
Narratives and Story-Telling http://www.beyondintractability.org/essay/narratives
What Makes a Story Great?
Andrew Stanton Ted Talk: The Clues to a Great Story
How Basic Storytelling Elements Transcend Cultures
- Make me care
- Create anticipation
- 2 + 2 not 4
Types of StoriesStevedenning.com/Business-Narrative/types-of-story.aspx
Oral Tradition of Storytelling: Definition, History & ExamplesEducation-portal.com/academy/lesson/oral-tradition-of-storytelling-definition-history-examples.html#lesson
- What do you remember about engaging with stories as a child?
- How did you (do you) consume most stories (storybooks, videos, oral presentation, etc.)?
- Which Korean stories were your favorite? Why?
- Which non-Korean stories were your favorites? Why?
- What was/is your favorite storytelling environment (bed, in front of TV, a stage)
- What experiences do you have telling stories to children or adults(in or out of school) ?
- Storytelling Basics Discussion
- More Timeline Storytelling
- Photo Stories Jeff Example
- Familiarize yourself with materials from Week#1 and Week#2
- Complete the Entrance Questionnaire if you haven't already done so.
- Find a storytelling video or audio online that engages you. Post the link on our Video Recommendation Doc and describe why it was interesting for you.